Monday, October 8, 2018


US WEST COAST PART I

Good day fellow bloggers and thank you for taking the time to read and follow this. This is basically a blog about my travels on the West Coast of the US and all the cool things I did. Another cool blog to check out is Chris's travel Blog if you need more Ideas for your road trip!

LOS ANGELES


Our first port of call was LA, Hollywood, home to the rich and famous and according to the Los Angeles Tourism Office welcomed 48.3 million people in 2017. Arriving to perfect weather of 30 Degrees Celsius and for our American friends who use Fahrenheit I have no idea what the equates to but let's just say hot! 
The iconic Hollywood sign

VENICE BEACH & SANTA MONICA PIER


Our first stop was Venice beach and the world famous Santa Monica Pier. Now being raised on the Gold Coast my whole life I have a high expectation of what good beaches are. For all those wanting to hear Venice Beach was awesome, I have to tell you I was kind of let down. It was sandy yes, But not white sandy. It was crowded and it was a marathon to run to the water from the beach, I kid you not about 100m. But if your 20 something and want a tan you couldn't get a better spot! However the Pier brings it all back and is a super fun place to visit. Enjoy some rides, buy ice cream for the wife and generally just people watch as families come and go.
Santa Monica Pier
          

Universal Studios


The Next must see thing is Universal Studios. Great place to visit for the day, has rides, shows and plenty of other fun things to see and do. You can also stop in at Moes for a beer like me!

Moes bar Universal Studio

Overview

Look overall we did the main attractions at LA and too be honest it was probably the least favourite place to visit in the road trip. It's not as near as glamorous as you think, traffic is a pain and everything is hours away. I want to hear your feedback in the comments below as to whether you thought the same? I don't think the hype of LA matched what it actually is like.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I really like what you have done. feel free to drop me a comment...